Definition of sameness :
1. Hence, want of variety; tedious monotony.
2. The state of being the same; identity; absence of difference; near resemblance; correspondence; similarity; as, a sameness of person, of manner, of sound, of appearance, and the like.
equality (part of speech: noun)
uniformity (part of speech: noun)
unity (part of speech: noun)
embodiment, oneness, indivisibility, entirety, atom, intactness, holism, entireness, congruence, completeness, solidarity, simplicity, integrity, unity, cohesion, congruity, fundamentality, element, purity, union, singleness, coincidence, coherence, identity
similarity (part of speech: noun)
- I shall never forget the sameness of the scene! - "Anna St. Ives", Thomas Holcroft.
- All that the exceptional requirements of training call for is to make a judicious selection; but, in recognising this principle, rowing men have formed a dietary composed almost wholly of restrictions the effect of which has been to produce a sameness in diet which has almost been as injurious in some cases as the entire absence of any laws would be in others. - "Boating", W. B. Woodgate Commentator: Harvey Mason.
- To discern likeness amidst diversity, it is well known, does not require so fine a mental edge as the discerning of diversity amidst general sameness. - "Impressions of Theophrastus Such", George Eliot.