Definition of sandy :
1. Consisting of, abounding with, or resembling, sand; full of sand; covered or sprinkled with sand; as, a sandy desert, road, or soil.
2. Of the color of sand; of a light yellowish red color; as, sandy hair.
friable, permeable, light-haired, granular, arenaceous, loose, gritty, grainy, coarse, blonde, fair-haired, faded, sandlike, towheaded, beachy, coarse-grained, granulose, farinaceous, porous, reddish, fair, blond, beachlike, light
powdery (part of speech: adjective)
yellow (part of speech: adjective)
gilded, aurin, goldenrod, creamy, crocus, sunny, primrose, lemon, sunshine, amber, yellow, buttery, cream-colored, sulfur, champagne, tawny, chartreuse, honey, sallow, buff, honey-colored, canary, mustard, dandelion, xanthic, flaxen, gold, ecru, straw, fallow, maize, citron, jasmine, saffron, jaundiced, golden
- Through these by- ways the native woman proved a sure guide, and soon, through a gap, they saw the open, sandy waste which lay around the deserted town. - "Jack Haydon's Quest", John Finnemore.
- Then the strange creature turned and suddenly made for a small rock, which stood out of the water a little way from the sandy beach. - "The Curlytops on Star Island", Howard R. Garis.
- Crossing this sandy strip they entered the sheriff's office. - "The Just and the Unjust", Vaughan Kester.