Definition of sappy :
1. Abounding in sap; resembling, or consisting largely of, sapwood.
2. Abounding with sap; full of sap; juicy; succulent.
3. Hence, young, not firm; weak, feeble.
4. Musty; tainted.
5. Weak in intellect.
loopy, wet, punch-drunk, unwise, screwball, absurd, softheaded, potent, daffy, bonkers, cracked, witless, light-headed, brainless, buffoonish, sticky, juicy, loony, watery, sugarcoated, clownish, sugary, insane, imbecilic, lovey-dovey, lunkheaded, wacky, kooky, pathetic, kookie, feelings, haywire, lush, dynamic, giddy, spoony, cloying, airheaded, gushy, whacky, nutty, treacly, cuckoo, succulent, senseless, dippy, bathetic, buggy, zany, saccharine, chocolate-box, theatricals, clownlike, asinine, tear-jerking, powerful, crackpot, soppy, daft, cockeyed, hysterics, crazy, stupid, moronic, featherbrained, mad, melodrama, weak-minded, knowledge, bats, half-witted, slaphappy, goofy, histrionics, nuts, lunatic, ability, ridiculous, unreasonable, harebrained, illogical, sobby, bubbleheaded, drippy, effectual, featherheaded, dizzy, fool, crackers, theatrical, half-baked, novelettish, dopey, slushy, nonsensical, soupy, unearthly, balmy, foolish, fruity, lightheaded, inept, round the bend, tomfool, batty, silly, fatuous, barmy, preposterous, simpleminded, loco, dotty, jerky, empty-headed, cockamamie, active, cockamamy, around the bend, idiotic
sensitive (part of speech: adjective)
- " This skunk of a John Gaspar gets Sally all tied up with his sappy talk. - "The Rangeland Avenger", Max Brand.
- Silence came on by degrees, like a calm snow storm, till nothing was heard but a cricket under the hearth, keeping tune with a sappy yellow birch forestick. - "The Portland Sketch Book", Various.
- If you wish to be healthful, sappy, strong, wish to attain any desirable thing, it is to be bound not in defiance of the laws of the universe, but in loving and tender obedience. - "Our Unitarian Gospel", Minot Savage.