Definition of satisfactory:
- Giving or producing satisfaction; yielding content; especially, relieving the mind from doubt or uncertainty, and enabling it to rest with confidence; sufficient; as, a satisfactory account or explanation.
- Making amends, indemnification, or recompense; causing to cease from claims and to rest content; compensating; atoning; as, to make satisfactory compensation, or a satisfactory apology.
comforting, qualified, o.k., adequate, copesettic, passing, excess, competent, fitted, fairish, common, all right, capable, satisfying, comfortable, persuasion, able, ok, okay, fine, cheering, fair to middling, pleasing, copasetic, alright, fitting, right, average, goodish, cogent, passable, telling, hunky-dory, convincing, respectable, moderate, commensurate, decent, tidy, fair, adapted, fit, copacetic, good, equal, persuasive, copesetic, acceptable.
- "On With Torchy", Sewell Ford.
- "Dawson Black: Retail Merchant", Harold Whitehead.
- "Jane Talbot", Charles Brockden Brown.