Definition of saturn:
- One of the elder and principal deities, the son of Coelus and Terra ( Heaven and Earth), and the father of Jupiter. The corresponding Greek divinity was Kro` nos, later CHro` nos, Time.
- One of the planets of the solar system, next in magnitude to Jupiter, but more remote from the sun. Its diameter is seventy thousand miles, its mean distance from the sun nearly eight hundred and eighty millions of miles, and its year, or periodical revolution round the sun, nearly twenty- nine years and a half. It is surrounded by a remarkable system of rings, and has eight satellites.
- The metal lead.
- "The Story of the Heavens", Robert Stawell Ball.
- "Andiron Tales", John Kendrick Bangs.
- "Mr. Isaacs", F. Marion Crawford.