Definition of save:
- Except; excepting; not including; leaving out; deducting; reserving; saving.
- Except; unless.
- Specifically, to deliver from sin and its penalty; to rescue from a state of condemnation and spiritual death, and bring into a state of spiritual life.
- The herb sage, or salvia.
- To avoid unnecessary expense or expenditure; to prevent waste; to be economical.
- To hinder from doing, suffering, or happening; to obviate the necessity of; to prevent; to spare.
- To hold possession or use of; to escape loss of.
- To keep from being spent or lost; to secure from waste or expenditure; to lay up; to reserve.
- To make safe; to procure the safety of; to preserve from injury, destruction, or evil of any kind; to rescue from impending danger; as, to save a house from the flames.
- To rescue from something undesirable or hurtful; to prevent from doing something; to spare.
hold on, carry through, unbosom, retain, continue, palliate, come through, amass, barely, except, keep up, bear on, carry out, set free, merely, notwithstanding, accomplish, observe, moreover, redeem, cede, indite, however, desert, carry on, take over, render, fork out, make it, restrain, put by, assuage, celebrate, spell, lay by, stay fresh, set aside, give up, relieve, hold back, drop a line, birth, set by, condemn, survive, alleviate, bring through, still, lay in, that, further, release, make unnecessary, free, write, save up, help, bear, have, husband, fork over, salve, provided, just, publish, endanger, only, prevent, proceed, keep open, go on, liberate, extradite, lay up, lay aside, pull round, fork up, hold open, pay off, pile up, fulfill, keep back, compose, action, lighten, but, drive home, salvage, tho, and, fulfil, gather, waste, excuse, besides, curtail, pitch, exempt, regenerate, spare, collect, preserve, nevertheless, salt away, hold, let off, avoid, unless, present, surrender, yet, lessen, lay away, part with, execute, allay, spend, damn, remedy, turn in, economise, pull-through, give birth, reclaim, keep on, dispense with, pen, go along, ransom, hand over, deport, put up, scavenge, ease.
- defend (part of speech: verb)
- conserve (part of speech: verb)
- economize (part of speech: verb)
- rescue (part of speech: verb)
- store (part of speech: verb)