Definition of saw :
1. A saying; a proverb; a maxim.
2. Also used figuratively; as, to saw the air.
3. An instrument for cutting or dividing substances, as wood, iron, etc., consisting of a thin blade, or plate, of steel, with a series of sharp teeth on the edge, which remove successive portions of the material by cutting and tearing.
4. Dictate; command; decree.
5. imp. of See.
6. of See
7. Something said; speech; discourse.
8. To be cut with a saw; as, the timber saws smoothly.
9. To cut with a saw; to separate with a saw; as, to saw timber or marble.
10. To cut, as a saw; as, the saw or mill saws fast.
11. To form by cutting with a saw; as, to saw boards or planks, that is, to saw logs or timber into boards or planks; to saw shingles; to saw out a panel.
12. To use a saw; to practice sawing; as, a man saws well.
blowtorch, Allen wrench, double, band, chain, jig, pruning, truism, sawing machine, whip, table, bellows, epigram, mill, panel, cut, aphorism, hack, hand, concave, blowlamp, circular, applicator, bradawl, bit, adjustable wrench, keyhole, rip, wood, chop, ice, words, crown, crimp, chase, card, sententia, power, chip away, trephine, apothegm, power saw, box end wrench, crosscut, word, flail, buck, back
instruction (part of speech: noun)
advice (part of speech: noun)
maxim (part of speech: noun)
saw (part of speech: verb)
tool (part of speech: noun)
grindstone, posthole auger, band saw, sickle, mallet, hedge trimmer, file, lathe, shears, square, hatchet, chain saw, crosscut saw, cold chisel, spoke shave, planer, tool, level, hacksaw, spade, wedge, stapler, calipers, jointer, auger, bow saw, shovel, wrecking bar, sledgehammer, claw hammer, emery wheel, screwdriver, chisel, trowel, miter box, welder, handsaw, crowbar, ball-peen hammer, snips, back saw, scythe, ripsaw, spanner, scissors, lug wrench, plane, coping saw, tire iron, vise, grapnel, punch, jackknife, scroll saw, hammer, circular saw, edger, wrench, axe, pickax, drill, machete, awl, pick, bench drill, buzz saw, arc welder, jigsaw, table saw, drill press, tin snips, hoe, keyhole saw, pliers, pipe wrench, knife, monkey wrench, radial arm saw, gouge