Definition of saying:
attesting to, advertising, apothegm, claiming, demonstrating, alleging, expression, giving out, publicizing, making an announcement, averring, drafting a proposition, formula, construction, swearing, vouching, statement, locution, implying, making clear, announcing, noticing, manifestation, propounding, informing, word, asserting, observing, verbalism, truism, grammatical construction, phrasing, making a statement, words, face, revealing, reflexion, facial expression, aspect, noting, reflection, pointing out, utterance, testifying to, avouching, certifying to, stressing, verbal expression, look, formulation, aphorism, maintaining, insisting on, affirming, stating, making a declaration, making public.
- instruction (part of speech: noun)
- speaking (part of speech: verb)
- maxim (part of speech: noun)
- "Out of the Primitive", Robert Ames Bennet.
- "Tom of the Raiders", Austin Bishop.
- "The Other Girls", Mrs. A. D. T. Whitney.