Definition of scandal:
- Anything alleged in pleading which is impertinent, and is reproachful to any person, or which derogates from the dignity of the court, or is contrary to good manners.
- Offense caused or experienced; reproach or reprobation called forth by what is regarded as wrong, criminal, heinous, or flagrant: opprobrium or disgrace.
- Reproachful aspersion; opprobrious censure; defamatory talk, uttered heedlessly or maliciously.
- To scandalize; to offend.
- To treat opprobriously; to defame; to asperse; to traduce; to slander.
scandalisation, character assassination, grease, shite, shit, attack, poop, grime, outrage, crap, dirt, soil, turd, filth, traducement, crimes, malicious gossip, law, stain, indignation, grunge, calumniation, scandalization.
- "The Doctor A Tale Of The Rockies", Ralph Connor.
- "The Wandering Jew, Book II.", Eugene Sue.
- "Simon", J. Storer Clouston.