Definition of scantily:
- compactly (part of speech: adverb)
- incompletely (part of speech: adverb)
- insufficiently (part of speech: adverb)
- concisely (part of speech: adverb)
The nests, which very much resemble those of Molpastes haemorrhous, are usually composed of very fine dry twigs of some herbaceous plant, intermingled with vegetable fibre resembling tow, and scantily lined with very fine grass- roots.- "The Nests and Eggs of Indian Birds, Volume 1", Allan O. Hume.
- "A Hero of Romance", Richard Marsh.
- "Four Phases of Love", Paul Heyse.