Definition of scarce:
scantily, tight, singular, merely, strange, short, hardly, shy, usual, big, unprecedented, remarkable, rare, only, infrequent, peculiar, excess, unusual, deficient, insufficient, just, occasional, incomparable, unique, simply, precisely, scarcely, exactly, but, curious, unparalleled, extraordinary, near, wanting, sporadic, barely, precious, uncommon, just now, under, odd.
- few (part of speech: adjective)
limited (part of speech: verb)
- not plentiful
- insufficient (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Devil's Garden", W. B. Maxwell.
- "The Works of John Bunyan Volume 3", John Bunyan.
- "Checkmate", Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu.