Definition of scare:
frighten away, scoot, scare away, terror, fatigue, dart, shoot, daunt, dash, panic, frighten off, flash, cow, tire, panic attack, fear, jade, smash, appal, pall, become flat, fear, weary, affright, fright, scare off, frighten, die, scarify, scare the daylights out of, crash, dull, scud, terrorize, cloy.
- alarm (part of speech: verb)
- haunt (part of speech: verb)
- threaten (part of speech: verb)
- frighten (part of speech: verb)
" Don't you ever scare me like that again, child, or it might be serious," he said in the Billy- and- me tone of voice that I like some, only- " I never will," I said in a hurry; " I want you to ask me anything in the world you want to and I'll always do it."- "The Melting of Molly", Maria Thompson Daviess.
- "Princess Polly's Playmates", Amy Brooks.
- "Poems with Power to Strengthen the Soul", Various.