Definition of scholar:
- A man of books.
- In English universities, an undergraduate who belongs to the foundation of a college, and receives support in part from its revenues.
- One engaged in the pursuits of learning; a learned person; one versed in any branch, or in many branches, of knowledge; a person of high literary or scientific attainments; a savant.
- One who attends a school; one who learns of a teacher; one under the tuition of a preceptor; a pupil; a disciple; a learner; a student.
- learner (part of speech: noun)
- scholar (part of speech: noun)
- sage (part of speech: noun)
- "Short Stories and Essays From "Literature and Life"", William Dean Howells.
- "British Supremacy & Canadian Self-Government 1839-1854", J. L. Morison.
- "Household Tales by Brothers Grimm", Grimm Brothers.