Definition of scourge :
1. A lash; a strap or cord; especially, a lash used to inflict pain or punishment; an instrument of punishment or discipline; a whip.
2. Hence, a means of inflicting punishment, vengeance, or suffering; an infliction of affliction; a punishment.
3. To harass or afflict severely.
4. To punish with severity; to chastise; to afflict, as for sins or faults, and with the purpose of correction.
5. To whip severely; to lash.
praise, belabor, ravage, brat, strap, expletive, flagellate, lay waste to, jinx, pommel, condemnation, abandon, forsake, excoriate, torment, blow, lash, scathe, threat, oath, scorch, worst, woe, attack, rot, curse word, neutralise, scarify, rack, holy terror, stick, agonize, bastinado, swearing, knock off, strike, whip, surpass, slap, slam, waste, batter, cuss, slash, roast, squander, beat, do in, blister, conquer, desolate, cord, chastise, consume, devastate, panic, whammy, cudgel, spank, castigate, rip into, overcome, help, hex, thrash, pine away, run off, nemesis, pound, little terror, defeat, depopulate, score, excruciate, neutralize, liquidate, languish, smite, terror, drub, flay, flagellum, ware, affright, emaciate, execration, flog, anguish, torture, desert, switch, menace, vanquish, swearword, afflict, harry, bruise, macerate
bane (part of speech: noun)
punishment (part of speech: noun)
destroyer (part of speech: noun)