Definition of scourge:
- A lash; a strap or cord; especially, a lash used to inflict pain or punishment; an instrument of punishment or discipline; a whip.
- Hence, a means of inflicting punishment, vengeance, or suffering; an infliction of affliction; a punishment.
- To harass or afflict severely.
- To punish with severity; to chastise; to afflict, as for sins or faults, and with the purpose of correction.
- To whip severely; to lash.
brat, score, curse word, neutralize, do in, defeat, pommel, cuss, whip, flagellate, knock off, expletive, torment, vanquish, threat, slam, beat, devastate, menace, blow, rip into, bruise, lay waste to, drub, torture, slash, ware, forsake, holy terror, ravage, nemesis, bastinado, macerate, harry, flog, curse, overcome, emaciate, lash, agonize, slap, execration, stick, thrash, castigate, terror, worst, rot, jinx, oath, squander, consume, smite, batter, abandon, strike, pine away, languish, desolate, desert, woe, praise, scarify, spank, flay, conquer, swearing, depopulate, cord, hex, surpass, blister, panic, whammy, affright, switch, liquidate, excruciate, afflict, waste, anguish, cudgel, swearword, chastise, strap, little terror, attack, condemnation, scorch, scathe, belabor, neutralise, run off, bane, help, rack, flagellum, roast, pound, excoriate.
- bane (part of speech: noun)
- punishment (part of speech: noun)
- destroyer (part of speech: noun)