Definition of scratch :
1. A break in the surface of a thing made by scratching, or by rubbing with anything pointed or rough; a slight wound, mark, furrow, or incision.
2. A genus of plants embracing several species and varieties differing much in appearance and qualities: such as the common cabbage ( B. oleracea), broccoli, cauliflowers, etc.; the wild turnip ( B. campestris); the common turnip ( B. rapa); the rape or coleseed ( B. napus), etc.
3. A kind of wig covering only a portion of the head.
4. A line across the prize ring; up to which boxers are brought when they join fight; hence, test, trial, or proof of courage; as, to bring to the scratch; to come up to the scratch.
5. A shot which scores by chance and not as intended by the player; a fluke.
6. In various sports, the line from which the start is made, except in the case of contestants receiving a distance handicap.
7. Made, done, or happening by chance; arranged with little or no preparation; determined by circumstances; haphazard; as, a scratch team; a scratch crew for a boat race; a scratch shot in billiards.
8. Minute, but tender and troublesome, excoriations, covered with scabs, upon the heels of horses which have been used where it is very wet or muddy.
9. To cancel by drawing one or more lines through, as the name of a candidate upon a ballot, or of a horse in a list; hence, to erase; to efface; - often with out.
10. To dig or excavate with the claws; as, some animals scratch holes, in which they burrow.
11. To rub and tear or mark the surface of with something sharp or ragged; to scrape, roughen, or wound slightly by drawing something pointed or rough across, as the claws, the nails, a pin, or the like.
12. To score, not by skillful play but by some fortunate chance of the game.
13. To use the claws or nails in tearing or in digging; to make scratches.
14. To write or draw hastily or awkwardly.
first, sign, frazzle, cock, ice lolly, rise, clams, chump, offset, gull, saccharide, profits, muster up, get to, scratch up, popsicle, marker, take, cross, bob up, bell ringer, line up, putz, carbohydrate, earnings, encipher, crisscross, call, scribble, fall upon, sculpt, chalk, cacography, pricking, shit, net, refined sugar, breadstuff, chance on, pillage, nettle, set off, eat away, bread, prick, coin, vex, section, net profit, prize, whoreson, efface, lollipop, chance upon, startle, cancel, attain, sucker, go on, expunge, mint, fall, inscribe, impress, take up, rise up, injury, kail, affect, twat, collide with, bull's eye, shekels, fray, kickoff, wipe, rankle, fuss, recruit, target, attrition, ding, sugar, code, meth, fool, happen upon, autograph, showtime, lift, discover, marking, crank, walk out, light upon, deoxyephedrine, lolly, rub, come on, chafe, detrition, head start, surface, boodle, cunt, surgical incision, strike, fret, rag, get at, home run, patsy, nark, gelt, commencement, starting, scratching, write in code, scrawl, etch, pussy, gag, call off, get-go, come, scratch line, niggle, scraping, choke, scrape up, encrypt, itch, dinero, genuflect, outset, starting line, annoy, stops, scrub, peter, find, print, asshole, vacate, starting time, continue, excise, get hold, run into, come to, scrub up, kowtow, dickhead, shaft, enrol, gall, grinding, scrabble, grade, erase, gouge, starting signal, invalidate, come up, fall guy, snatch, jump, engrave, simoleons, cipher, pelf, rally, doodle, wampumpeag, methamphetamine, go up, cut, pecker, gravel, shabu, enroll, ascend, dirty money, plunder, staff of life, dent, irritate, glass, eat into, summon, borecole, annul, undo, colewort, beginning, arise, strickle, son of a bitch, peag, cypher, net income, cicatrix, come across, rasp, puss, mug, obliterate, corrasion, cocksucker, muster, kale, start, tool, strike down, cabbage, soft touch, cole, chou, shine, skin, chicken feed, move up, excoriate, cultivated cabbage, bastard, scour, rile, methamphetamine hydrochloride, lettuce, grate, impinge on, cicatrice, sculpture, incision, enter, uprise, hit, assume, grave, trash, erode, excoriation, delete, ice, come upon, dick, booty, devil, move, bother
blemish (part of speech: verb)
eyesore, defacement, fleck, score, rift, chip, deform, notch, mark, weal, slit, spot, speck, distortion, brand, discoloration, discolor, freckle, scab, spoilage, hurt, impurity, wart, stigma, splotch, disfigure, crack, distort, deface, nick, damage, deformity, taint, hack, pockmark, dot, sore, flaw, hole, scrape, imperfection, mar, blister, drawback, check, defect, abrasion, fracture, lesion, spoil, blemish, stain, abrade, disfigurement, gash, tarnish, blot, scuff, fault, scar, blotch, kink
roughen (part of speech: verb)
money (part of speech: noun)
funds, bullion, greenback, wallet, ingot, bill, pocket money, proceeds, cash, balance sheet, spending money, wherewithal, wealth, issue, petty cash, assets, net worth, copper, fortune, money, money order, lucre, worth, bond, nugget, currency, loot, pounds, dough, income, IOU, promissory note, moolah, gross, draft, wad, change, note, profit, wampum, dollar, bankroll, silver, ways and means, bank note, receipts, stock, treasure, capital, coupon, sterling, purse, gold, swag, coinage