Definition of screech:
yawp, wow, bitch, call out, bang, scream, riot, bellow, yammer, shout, sounds, squawk, holler, chant, beef, sidesplitter, skreak, bellyache, creak, rage, howler, squeak, clack, screak, gripe, clang, beep, shrieking, shrill, squall, pipe up, yelp, cry, clash, belly laugh, boom, roar, clank, screeching, screaming, yell, crab, shriek, snivel, thigh-slapper, grizzle, grouse, outcry, blast, blare, skreigh, howl, cry out, pipe.
- scream (part of speech: verb)
- shrillness (part of speech: noun)
- "The Sign of the Spider", Bertram Mitford.
- "The Poetical Works of Thomas Hood", Thomas Hood.
- "The Land of Mystery", Edward S. Ellis.