Definition of scrutiny:
- A ticket, or little paper billet, on which a vote is written.
- An examination by a committee of the votes given at an election, for the purpose of correcting the poll.
- An examination of catechumens, in the last week of Lent, who were to receive baptism on Easter Day.
- Close examination; minute inspection; critical observation.
- To scrutinize.
- attention (part of speech: noun)
- inspection (part of speech: noun)
- "In the Brooding Wild", Ridgwell Cullum.
- "The Circular Staircase", Mary Roberts Rinehart.
- "Barriers Burned Away", E. P. Roe.