Definition of scuffle:
- A child's pinafore or bib.
- A garden hoe.
- A rough, haphazard struggle, or trial of strength; a disorderly wrestling at close quarters.
- Hence, a confused contest; a tumultuous struggle for superiority; a fight.
- Hence, to strive or contend tumultuously; to struggle confusedly or at haphazard.
- To strive or struggle with a close grapple; to wrestle in a rough fashion.
mix, muss, touch, trouble, scurry, hassle, dogfight, scramble, scuffle hoe, scuff, strife, shamble, scamper, move, shuffle, Dutch Hoe, rumble, ruffle, tussle, wrestle, fistfight, fisticuffs, scrap, grapple, bother, rough-and-tumble, fuss.
- battle (part of speech: verb)
- warfare (part of speech: noun)
- "Little Jack Rabbit and the Squirrel Brothers", David Cory.
- "The Film Mystery", Arthur B. Reeve.
- "Mr. Midshipman Easy", Captain Frederick Marryat.