Definition of sculpture:
- Carved work modeled of, or cut upon, wood, stone, metal, etc.
- The art of carving, cutting, or hewing wood, stone, metal, etc., into statues, ornaments, etc., or into figures, as of men, or other things; hence, the art of producing figures and groups, whether in plastic or hard materials.
- To form with the chisel on, in, or from, wood, stone, or metal; to carve; to engrave.
art, engrave, inscribe, carve, scratch, cartoon, abstract, op art, sculpt, aquatint, image, canvas, diptych, collage, art form, carving, marble, doodle, coloring, arts and crafts, caricature, ceramics, daub, brass rubbing, grave, belles-lettres, bas-relief, cutting, model, batik.
- "Sages and Heroes of the American Revolution", L. Carroll Judson.
- "English Villages", P. H. Ditchfield.
- "The Nameless Castle", Maurus Jókai.