Definition of search:
- The act of seeking or looking for something; quest; inquiry; pursuit for finding something; examination.
- To examine or explore by feeling with an instrument; to probe; as, to search a wound.
- To examine; to try; to put to the test.
- To inquire after; to look for; to seek.
- To look over or through, for the purpose of finding something; to examine; to explore; as, to search the city.
- To seek; to look for something; to make inquiry, exploration, or examination; to hunt.
inquisition, appear, see, depend, essay, cast about, look, explore, frisk, anticipate, shake down, attempt, count, seek, await, inspect, bet, seem, lookup, assay, take care, attend, hunting, expect, investigate, hunt club, look to, face, research, front, hunt, calculate, try, look for, wait, reckon.
- pursue (part of speech: verb)
- search (part of speech: verb)
- pursuit (part of speech: noun)
- "Moon of Israel", H. Rider Haggard.
- "The Devil's Paw", E. Phillips Oppenheim.
- "Quick Action", Robert W. Chambers.