Definition of searcher:
- An implement for sampling butter; a butter trier.
- An inspector of leather.
- An instrument for examining the bore of a cannon, to detect cavities.
- An instrument for feeling after calculi in the bladder, etc.
- An officer of the customs whose business it is to search ships, merchandise, luggage, etc.
- Formerly, an officer in London appointed to examine the bodies of the dead, and report the cause of death.
- One who, or that which, searhes or examines; a seeker; an inquirer; an examiner; a trier.
diagnostics, searcher beetle, searching, probing, seeker, quester, finder, microscopic, fossicker, gatherer, hunter, scavenger, analytical, for future reference, fact-finding, Calosoma Scrutator, under the microscope.
The story that depicted a passionate searcher for truth, rebelling against the limits imposed by the place assigned to man in the nature of things, who at all costs dared to burst these limits in order to enjoy life in all its fulness- this story had a suggestiveness that appealed to Goethe's profoundest consciousness.- "The Youth of Goethe", Peter Hume Brown.
- "Martin Hewitt, Investigator", Arthur Morrison.
- "Games for the Playground, Home, School and Gymnasium", Jessie H. Bancroft.