Definition of seat:
- A part or surface on which another part or surface rests; as, a valve seat.
- A sitting; a right to sit; regular or appropriate place of sitting; as, a seat in a church; a seat for the season in the opera house.
- Posture, or way of sitting, on horseback.
- That part of a thing on which a person sits; as, the seat of a chair or saddle; the seat of a pair of pantaloons.
- The place occupied by anything, or where any person or thing is situated, resides, or abides; a site; an abode, a station; a post; a situation.
- The place or thing upon which one sits; hence; anything made to be sat in or upon, as a chair, bench, stool, saddle, or the like.
- To assign a seat to, or the seats of; to give a sitting to; as, to seat a church, or persons in a church.
- To cause to occupy a post, site, situation, or the like; to station; to establish; to fix; to settle.
- To fix; to set firm.
- To place on a seat; to cause to sit down; as, to seat one's self.
- To put a seat or bottom in; as, to seat a chair.
- To rest; to lie down.
- To settle; to plant with inhabitants; as to seat a country.
hams, disaster area, understructure, feed, cigarette, tush, screw, privy, shag, adorn, property, haunches, hunkers, bib, floor, bungalow, collar, screwing, underside, tin can, backside, john, back tooth, full house, bed, trade, armrest, nerve center, lay on, groundwork, female genital organ, butt end, tail, crate, dust trap, stead, core, coattails, stinker, heart, stooge, care label, potty, heinie, lowlife, piece of tail, bag, merchantman, bunk, scum bag, post, piazza, ground, roll in the hay, git, arsehole, cater, mosh pit, pose, rear-end, put, chaise lounge, layabout, poop, center of excellence, foot, entomb, house, eye, female genitalia, box office, audience, commode, bunghole, stinkpot, nooky, backrest, ground zero, sit around, buttocks, undersurface, breast, dissolve, fanny, bottom, chateau, settle, butt, cradle, rat, lower house, tail assembly, cornerstone, axis, spot, can buoy, chaise longue, shadow, female genitals, booty, sit-down, asshole, back end, base, destination, locus, stub, substratum, take in, butt joint, bun, arm, bodice, hobo, skunk, coffin nail, invest, shtup, initiate, concertgoer, lieu, support, bareback, do-nothing, after part, down, duff, Dodge City, focus, buns, job, hub, blank space, couch, navel, bottom of the inning, space, commit, tail end, gallop, nucleus, berth, diet, groom, settee, endue, cigaret, rear, hindquarters, nookie, serve, gift, lavatory, boarding house, bathroom, loafer, indue, place, baby-sit, mecca, rotter, over, goat, clothe, edge, accommodate, chesterfield, buttonhole, anchorage, dirty dog, sit, foundation, command, capital, hunker down, tramp, endow, crapper, home, keister, dissolution, topographic point, bunkhouse, bum, chaise, position, station, bottle, dismount, armhole, captive audience, substructure, enthrone, flop, merchant ship, office, canter, cattle auction, puke, ply with, occupy a place, situation, canful, basis, pot, tooshie, quarter, buttock, omphalos, thwart, profession, parliament, empower, nates, chalet, behind, fall, ass, nourish, cabin, stern, bridle, underpinning, rump, ride, cheeks, crumb, break in, cuddle up, croup, tin, center, apartment, model, epicenter, fundament, bed down, apartment building, collapse, hind end, posterior, parliamentarian, induct, croupe, central, box, so-and-so, piece of ass, constituency, the Dail, fag end, fitting, breast pocket, arse, derriere, plaza, vest, target, laughingstock, cram, cynosure, headquarters, equestrian, lay, shoes, adobe, embed, footing, the gate, bottomland, chamber, moviegoer, idler, induce, nexus, freighter, shadower, empennage, bury, aerie, lav, dumping ground, accommodation, breech, curl up, billet, posture, can, prat, toilet.
- chair (part of speech: noun)
- rear (part of speech: noun)
- "Bunny Brown and his Sister Sue Giving a Show", Laura Lee Hope.
- "Rollo in Holland", Jacob Abbott.
- "Out of the Air", Inez Haynes Irwin.