Definition of seat :
1. A part or surface on which another part or surface rests; as, a valve seat.
2. A sitting; a right to sit; regular or appropriate place of sitting; as, a seat in a church; a seat for the season in the opera house.
3. Posture, or way of sitting, on horseback.
4. That part of a thing on which a person sits; as, the seat of a chair or saddle; the seat of a pair of pantaloons.
5. The place occupied by anything, or where any person or thing is situated, resides, or abides; a site; an abode, a station; a post; a situation.
6. The place or thing upon which one sits; hence; anything made to be sat in or upon, as a chair, bench, stool, saddle, or the like.
7. To assign a seat to, or the seats of; to give a sitting to; as, to seat a church, or persons in a church.
8. To cause to occupy a post, site, situation, or the like; to station; to establish; to fix; to settle.
9. To fix; to set firm.
10. To place on a seat; to cause to sit down; as, to seat one's self.
11. To put a seat or bottom in; as, to seat a chair.
12. To rest; to lie down.
13. To settle; to plant with inhabitants; as to seat a country.
piece of ass, nookie, merchantman, hindquarters, underpinning, post, croup, basis, ply with, lavatory, lower house, hunkers, diet, flop, undersurface, baby-sit, take in, parliament, clothe, back tooth, laughingstock, backrest, chesterfield, shadower, home, dissolution, goat, coffin nail, hub, endue, so-and-so, screwing, butt end, trade, footing, settee, groundwork, skunk, stead, scum bag, chamber, cater, duff, buttocks, sit-down, tail assembly, down, empower, heinie, place, crumb, constituency, toilet, hunker down, cattle auction, quarter, lowlife, canter, endow, support, breast pocket, hobo, embed, apartment, collapse, cornerstone, pose, piazza, indue, settle, entomb, stinker, cheeks, foundation, moviegoer, accommodate, bunghole, fundament, bury, target, focus, heart, bodice, nourish, screw, dismount, groom, john, empennage, commode, center, tin can, potty, buns, understructure, tooshie, anchorage, tin, property, center of excellence, initiate, female genitals, asshole, breech, privy, female genital organ, profession, cabin, substructure, dirty dog, can, arsehole, bungalow, bed down, dumping ground, billet, shtup, bed, thwart, dissolve, hams, stinkpot, central, couch, full house, sit around, cigarette, destination, coattails, cigaret, model, the gate, stub, canful, lay on, sit, bum, accommodation, shag, floor, fall, piece of tail, nerve center, chaise longue, vest, rotter, station, concertgoer, bridle, gift, bathroom, buttock, chateau, keister, prat, boarding house, space, nexus, female genitalia, occupy a place, pot, invest, omphalos, arm, epicenter, cram, put, capital, croupe, merchant ship, loafer, lay, serve, chaise, adobe, tush, ground zero, house, posture, puke, chalet, lav, care label, haunches, buttonhole, spot, git, bunk, commit, bottom of the inning, armhole, blank space, cuddle up, bag, fitting, over, shoes, disaster area, roll in the hay, nucleus, dust trap, underside, stooge, captive audience, job, breast, induce, lieu, parliamentarian, idler, cynosure, box office, hind end, can buoy, feed, locus, audience, equestrian, base, apartment building, rear-end, arse, induct, rat, position, freighter, bun, edge, office, substratum, crate, back end, berth, crapper, bareback, plaza, bottomland, ass, break in, collar, ground, the Dail, curl up, chaise lounge, butt joint, axis, enthrone, after part, tail end, headquarters, fag end, layabout, Dodge City, gallop, nooky, booty, situation, eye, foot, ride, bib, shadow, aerie, topographic point, cradle, box, core, mecca, tramp, bunkhouse, navel, butt, poop, bottle, armrest, command, do-nothing, nates, mosh pit, adorn
chair (part of speech: noun)
furniture, rocker, straight chair, sedan chair, swivel chair, dining chair, campstool, pew, stool, armchair, swing, lawn chair, recliner, hassock, bench, rumble seat, chair, sofa, ottoman, deck chair, lounge chair, throne, bucket seat, bar stool, saddle
rear (part of speech: noun)
- And it's a real seat in it! - "Bunny Brown and his Sister Sue Giving a Show", Laura Lee Hope.
- Rollo took a seat by a window where he could look out as the train went on, and see, as he said, how Holland looked. - "Rollo in Holland", Jacob Abbott.
- Won't you have a seat? - "Out of the Air", Inez Haynes Irwin.