Definition of sedate:
steady, calm, becalm, decorous, smooth, tranquillise, quieten, imperturbable, cool it, settle down, unplayful, self-possessed, simmer down, sincere, staid, sober, severe, drab, attitude, tranquillize, life-threatening, calm down, tranquilize, chill out, dangerous, cool off, solemn, sombre, serious, heavy, grievous, weighty, dispassionate, grave.
- bore (part of speech: verb)
composed (part of speech: adjective)
- study at serious
- serious (part of speech: adjective)
- calm (part of speech: verb)
- "The Adventures of Harry Richmond, Complete", George Meredith Last Updated: March 7, 2009.
- "The Dorrance Domain", Carolyn Wells.
- "The Dew of Their Youth", S. R. Crockett.