Definition of seek :
2. To go in search of; to look for; to search for; to try to find.
3. To inquire for; to ask for; to solicit; to bessech.
4. To make search or inquiry: to endeavor to make discovery.
5. To try to acquire or gain; to strive after; to aim at; as, to seek wealth or fame; to seek one's life.
6. To try to reach or come to; to go to; to resort to.
set about, hear, judge, adjudicate, look, test, research, try, render, sample, essay, stress, assay, try on, dig out, look to, cast about, attempt, run after, fish for, taste, root out, try out, look up, prove, hunt up, strain, anticipate, start, go after
pursue (part of speech: verb)
petition (part of speech: verb)
question (part of speech: verb)
request (part of speech: verb)
search (part of speech: verb)
- I send you to the same knight as I sent you yesterday, and do you seek him until you find him. - "Four Arthurian Romances "Erec et Enide", "Cliges", "Yvain", and "Lancelot"", Chretien DeTroyes.
- May the blessing of Him who came to seek and save the lost go with you! - "Nature's Serial Story", E. P. Roe.
- I have already indicated that one advantage of the convoy system was that it forced the U- boats to seek their victims closer to the shore. - "The Victory At Sea", William Sowden Sims Burton J. Hendrick.