Definition of semblance:
color, phantasy, comparison, cover, intimation, burnish, conjuration, put-on, simile, illusion, ghost, trace, disguisement, likeness, dash, tinge, front, coloration, show, trick, cloak, glossiness, masquerade, polish, shade, relation, pretense, vividness, magic trick, rubric, window-dressing, hint, taste, suggestion, magic, people of colour, streak, coincidence, affinity, glossary, delusion, whisker, big, veil, fantasy, deception, guise, legerdemain, touch, colour, veneer, coloring material, false colors, parity, mask, conjuring trick, head game, proportion, face, colouring material, hair, whisper, people of color, coloring, colouration, breath, suspicion, shadow, disguise, pretext, colouring, whiff, fancy, thaumaturgy, gloss.
- air (part of speech: noun)
- similarity (part of speech: noun)
- similar (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Border Boys Across the Frontier", Fremont B. Deering.
- "Witchcraft of New England Explained by Modern Spiritualism", Allen Putnam.
- "The Camp Fire Girls Across the Seas", Margaret Vandercook.