Definition of sensible:
- Capable of being perceived by the senses; apprehensible through the bodily organs; hence, also, perceptible to the mind; making an impression upon the sense, reason, or understanding; heat; sensible resistance.
- Having moral perception; capable of being affected by moral good or evil.
- Having the capacity of receiving impressions from external objects; capable of perceiving by the instrumentality of the proper organs; liable to be affected physsically or mentally; impressible.
- Hence: Liable to impression from without; easily affected; having nice perception or acute feeling; sensitive; also, readily moved or affected by natural agents; delicate; as, a sensible thermometer.
- Perceiving or having perception, either by the senses or the mind; cognizant; perceiving so clearly as to be convinced; satisfied; persuaded.
- Possessing or containing sense or reason; giftedwith, or characterized by, good or common sense; intelligent; wise.
- Sensation; sensibility.
- That which has sensibility; a sensitive being.
- That which impresses itself on the sense; anything perceptible.
conversant, good, physical, A-line, omniscient, substantial, distinguishable, sore, susceptive, beneficial, objective, boot-cut, discernible, wise, sagacious, cognizant, clued up, observable, well-founded, raw, material, certified, mature, sentient, button-through, knowing, impressible, perceivable, awake to something, knowledgeable, informed, essential, best, body, restorative, baggy, material, assured, susceptible, ponderable, fair, practical, reason, detectable, alive, awareness, tender, reasonable, impressionable, tenable, advised, palpable, thoughtful, therapeutic, commonsense, judicious, serious, sound, healing, button-down, logical, tangible, clingy, brief, wholesome, discernible, physical, sage, fairish, well-grounded, casual, sure, advisable, corporeal, prudent, hip, appreciable, appreciable, levelheaded, pragmatic, concrete, commonsensical, au fait, healthy, awake, aware, intelligent, responsive, apprised, backless, familiar with something, sapient, tangible, grounded, conscious, knowledge, noticeable, clear-headed, certain, sensitive, matter, commonsensible, perceptible, phenomenal.
- reasonable (part of speech: adjective)
- sane (part of speech: adjective)