Definition of sentimental:
- Addressed or pleasing to the emotions only, usually to the weaker and the unregulated emotions.
- Having, expressing, or containing a sentiment or sentiments; abounding with moral reflections; containing a moral reflection; didactic.
- Inclined to sentiment; having an excess of sentiment or sensibility; indulging the sensibilities for their own sake; artificially or affectedly tender; - often in a reproachful sense.
soppy, schmaltzy, drippy, feelings, stilted, mawkish, sodden, drizzly, maudlin, artificial, bathetic, gushy, tear-jerking, contrived, tender, schmalzy, emotional, slushy, sobby, kitschy, hokey, mushy, soupy.
- emotional (part of speech: adjective)
- sensitive (part of speech: adjective)
- loving (part of speech: adjective)