Definition of serpentine:
- A kind of ancient cannon.
- A mineral or rock consisting chiefly of the hydrous silicate of magnesia. It is usually of an obscure green color, often with a spotted or mottled appearance resembling a serpent's skin. Precious, or noble, serpentine is translucent and of a rich oil- green color.
- Resembling a serpent; having the shape or qualities of a serpent; subtle; winding or turning one way and the other, like a moving serpent; anfractuous; meandering; sinuous; zigzag; as, serpentine braid.
- To serpentize.
windy, twisted, bending, curling, snakelike, parallel, anfractuous, diagonal, straight, longitudinal, curved, curvy, ridged, continuous, crazy, flexuous, solid, repetition, sinuous, curving, meandrous, linear, snaky, curled, oblique, sinuous.
- convoluted (part of speech: adjective)
- curved (part of speech: adjective)
- cunning (part of speech: adjective)
- "Kenelm Chillingly, Book 8.", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
- "The Woman's Bible Part I. Comments on Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. Part II. Comments on the Old and New Testaments from Joshua to Revelation.", Elizabeth Cady Stanton.
- "Richard Carvel, Complete", Winston Churchill Last Updated: March 5, 2009.