Definition of session:
- Hence, also, the time, period, or term during which a court, council, legislature, etc., meets daily for business; or, the space of time between the first meeting and the prorogation or adjournment; thus, a session of Parliaments is opened with a speech from the throne, and closed by prorogation. The session of a judicial court is called a term.
- The act of sitting, or the state of being seated.
- The actual sitting of a court, council, legislature, etc., or the actual assembly of the members of such a body, for the transaction of business.
harmonious, classical, concourse, minutes, motion, flat, bass, quorum, day, audioconferencing, agenda, proceedings, annual, 00s, epoch, academic session, academic term, bluesy, resolution, briefing, funky, colloquium, biannual, date, AGM, seance, harmonic, block, atonal, calendar, B.C., chapter, audience, sitting, A.D., delay, c., academic year, gathering, conclave, biannual, countdown, school term, era, apologies, docket, duration, acoustic, B.C.E., b., posing, appointment, annual meeting, discordant, distance, assembly, caucus.
- "Education in The Home, The Kindergarten, and The Primary School", Elizabeth P. Peabody.
- "Equality", Edward Bellamy.
- "Strange True Stories of Louisiana", George Washington Cable.