Definition of shallow:
- A place in a body of water where the water is not deep; a shoal; a flat; a shelf.
- Not deep in tone.
- Not deep; having little depth; shoal.
- Not intellectually deep; not profound; not penetrating deeply; simple; not wise or knowing; ignorant; superficial; as, a shallow mind; shallow learning.
- The rudd.
- To become shallow, as water.
- To make shallow.
namby-pamby, shelvy, school, sketchy, uncritical, foolish, shoal, ankle-deep, philosophic, insane, inconsiderable, wakeful, unintelligent, stupid, frothy, bottomless, piddling, petty, lightweight, deep, one-dimensional, slight, dull, wishy-washy, skin-deep, silly, farcical, fordable, frivolous, superficial, reefy, shelfy, surface, knee-deep, trifling, idle, profound, light, shoaly, simple.
- "Barriers Burned Away", E. P. Roe.
- "The Upton Letters", Arthur Christopher Benson.
- "Caribbee", Thomas Hoover.