Definition of shamed:
- abased (part of speech: verb)
- slandered (part of speech: verb)
- shamed (part of speech: verb)
And this thing did make me very warm in my heart, as you shall think; but yet I to stop her speech with a gentle kiss; and she then to know that she be dumb concerning her thought in this matter; yet she never to cease from remembering it, and did be the more stirred with the trouble of her lovely secret worship; for, in verity, she to have me to be for her hero; and this to make me in the same moment both something shamed and greatly proud.- "The Night Land", William Hope Hodgson.
- "The Keeper of the Door", Ethel M. Dell.
- "Cow-Country", B. M. Bower.