Definition of shameful:
unworthy, pitch-black, bootleg, embarrassing, creditable, black-market, unrespectable, heinous, obscene, unfortunate, calamitous, notorious, foul, immoral, dishonourable, shady, disgraceful, respect, contemptible, discreditable, worthy, blackened, dark, bleak, painful, gross, dishonorable, deplorable, humiliating, fateful, undignified, dim, mordant, outrageous, evil, awkward, grim, condemnable, infamous, pitch-dark, smutty, corrupt, flagrant, disastrous, opprobrious, wrong, smuggled, scandalous, black, contraband, sinister, hellish, lurid, shy, admirable, good, disreputable, shoddy, infernal, fatal, abusive, despicable, guilty, shocking, ignominious, inglorious, ribald, embarrassed, scurrilous, disgusting, louche, dishonest.
- offensive (part of speech: adjective)
- regretful (part of speech: adjective)
- "Sandra Belloni by George Meredith, v1", George Meredith.
- "Gulmore, The Boss", Frank Harris.
- "Eastern Tales by Many Story Tellers", Various.