Definition of shape :
1. A model; a pattern; a mold.
2. A piece which has been roughly forged nearly to the form it will receive when completely forged or fitted.
3. A rolled or hammered piece, as a bar, beam, angle iron, etc., having a cross section different from merchant bar.
4. Character or construction of a thing as determining its external appearance; outward aspect; make; figure; form; guise; as, the shape of a tree; the shape of the head; an elegant shape.
5. Dress for disguise; guise.
6. Form of embodiment, as in words; form, as of thought or conception; concrete embodiment or example, as of some quality.
7. That which has form or figure; a figure; an appearance; a being.
8. To adapt to a purpose; to regulate; to adjust; to direct; as, to shape the course of a vessel.
9. To design; to prepare; to plan; to arrange.
10. To form or create; especially, to mold or make into a particular form; to give proper form or figure to.
11. To image; to conceive; to body forth.
12. To suit; to be adjusted or conformable.
general anatomy, consideration, counterfeit, mildew, wraith, ruined, blueprint, skeletal system, casting, ferment, chassis, trope, figure out, make out, word form, require, spring, excogitate, square off, human body, compliance, bring to pass, get, approach pattern, plaster bandage, experimental condition, play, dramatis personae, make up one's mind, stamp, hammer, manufacture, condition, framing, mannequin, manakin, hurl, name, make for, twisted, normal, number, effect, status, trim, contour, misshapen, variant, solve, cultivate, plaster cast, fabricate, kilter, regularise, work on, skeletal frame, ascertain, invent, radiation pattern, bring, make up, work, conformity, compel, spirt, signifier, rule, descriptor, ghost, contour line, surface, habitus, operate, specify, watch, wreak, better, sour, become, avatar, convention, puzzle out, learn, pattern, act upon, term, put to work, public figure, haoma, bring into being, perform, take shape, square up, go, embodiment, systema skeletale, see, find, determine, fig, flesh, inning, imprint, govern, check, limit, strain, forge, force, fake, exploit, abidance, do work, turn, define, cause, do, execute, baffle, act, process, decide, modulate, precondition, flat, kind, figure of speech, radiation diagram, broken, reach, frame of reference, apparition, underframe, run, variety, constellation, render, roll, bring about, bod, battered, bent, contrive, formulate, create, physical body, spurt, var., material body, course, digit, occasion, exercise, shade, knead, conformation, constrain, stipulation, body-build, function, crop, mannikin, fashion, find out, influence, work out, fettle, charm, pulp, take form, regularize, cast of characters, practice, manikin, incarnation, phase, lick, tempt, organise, circumstance, mould, traffic pattern, formula, soma
condition (part of speech: noun)
form (part of speech: noun)
appearance (part of speech: noun)
order (part of speech: verb)
establish, collate, program, rationalize, unify, devise, categorize, grade, balance, place, plot, score, array, adjust, methodize, mediate, frame, support, subordinate, maintain, schedule, orchestrate, normalize, cast, structure, organize, marshal, sort, plan, arrange, compose, systematize, regulate, prepare, screen, settle, set, separate, pigeonhole, right, classify, rank, schematize, group, design, stratify, fix, integrate, chart, class, sift, form, scheme, order, unsnarl, type, control, harmonize, stabilize, rate
structure (part of speech: verb)
prototype (part of speech: verb)
- Besides, I shall have to keep you in good shape if you are going to help me put through a scheme of mine. - "From the Car Behind", Eleanor M. Ingram.
- They had never been attacked by an enemy in that shape. - "The Boy Hunters", Captain Mayne Reid.
- And going up on to that island, he called his other shape to him. - "Eskimo Folktales", Unknown.