Definition of shaper:
- A kind of planer in which the tool, instead of the work, receives a reciprocating motion, usually from a crank.
- A machine with a vertically revolving cutter projecting above a flat table top, for cutting irregular outlines, moldings, etc.
- One who shapes; as, the shaper of one's fortunes.
- That which shapes; a machine for giving a particular form or outline to an object.
- "Way of a Rebel", Walter M. Miller.
- "The King of Ireland's Son", Padraic Colum.
According to what she heard from many of his friends, Cavour occupied his seat with tolerable ease, and without undue strain discharged his duties as First Minister of Piedmont, and the shaper of its destiny.- "Celebrated Women Travellers of the Nineteenth Century", W. H. Davenport Adams.