Definition of share :
1. A certain quantity; a portion; a part; a division; as, a small share of prudence.
2. Especially, the part allotted or belonging to one, of any property or interest owned by a number; a portion among others; an apportioned lot; an allotment; a dividend.
3. Hence, one of a certain number of equal portions into which any property or invested capital is divided; as, a ship owned in ten shares.
4. The part ( usually an iron or steel plate) of a plow which cuts the ground at the bottom of a furrow; a plowshare.
5. The part which opens the ground for the reception of the seed, in a machine for sowing seed.
6. The pubes; the sharebone.
7. To cut; to shear; to cleave; to divide.
8. To have part; to receive a portion; to partake, enjoy, or suffer with others.
9. To part among two or more; to distribute in portions; to divide.
10. To partake of, use, or experience, with others; to have a portion of; to take and possess in common; as, to share a shelter with another.
fortune, fragment, bundle, role, constituent, parcel out, carry on, function, get by, mete out, take, do, percent, donation, theatrical role, dowery, dish out, section, voice, region, package, contend, per centum, dole out, destiny, contribution, manage, pittance, luck, dower, administer, tract, cope, whack, rake-off, appropriate, office, circumstances, grapple, component part, make do, divvy up, serving, sell, component, piece of ground, dowry, deal out, make out, touch, character, portion out, consider, conduct, fate, packet, address, parcel of land, persona, pct, dose, care, partake in, look at, appoint, parting, treat, shell out, plowshare, heritage, cover, ploughshare, plow, collect, divvy, handle, piece of land
allotment (part of speech: noun)
co-operate (part of speech: verb)
concur, affiliate, dovetail, overlap, mesh, interweave, band, intertwine, participate, associate, ally, confederate, reciprocate, collude, trade, intermesh, pool, unite, co-operate, collaborate, interlace, interplay
allot (part of speech: verb)
give (part of speech: verb)
donate, grant, fund, lend, disburse, bestow, impart, contribute, consign, send, endow, dole, award, offer, serve, shower, expend, lavish, ascribe, extend, assist, pledge, pay, present, provide, furnish, render, deliver, supply, submit, bequeath, devote, help, tender, attribute
portion (part of speech: verb)
participate (part of speech: verb)
- And how about my share of the money? - "Writing for Vaudeville", Brett Page.
- The weight of these tidings would be too much for him, if he did not share them with some one. - "Orley Farm", Anthony Trollope.
- It's a bad world and a sad one, and I seem to have more than my share of trouble. - "Mr. Hogarth's Will", Catherine Helen Spence.