Definition of sheathe:
- To case or cover with something which protects, as thin boards, sheets of metal, and the like; as, to sheathe a ship with copper.
- To fit or furnish, as with a sheath.
- To obtund or blunt, as acrimonious substances, or sharp particles.
- To put into a sheath, case, or scabbard; to inclose or cover with, or as with, a sheath or case.
- "My Reminiscences of the Anglo-Boer War", Ben Viljoen.
- "The Butterfly's Ball The Grasshopper's Feast", R.M. Ballantyne.
- "Seven Little Australians", Ethel Sybil Turner.