Definition of shin:
- A fish plate for rails.
- The front part of the leg below the knee; the front edge of the shin bone; the lower part of the leg; the shank.
- To climb ( a pole, etc.) by shinning up.
- To climb a mast, tree, rope, or the like, by embracing it alternately with the arms and legs, without help of steps, spurs, or the like; - used with up; as, to shin up a mast.
- To run about borrowing money hastily and temporarily, as for the payment of one's notes at the bank.
ankle, big toe, armpit, clamber, splutter, pare, clubfoot, scrape, peel, tibia, appendage, throw together, fight, scramble, bone, leg, arch, crotch, bark, arm, beat, shinny, shinbone, skin, sputter, ball, struggle, shin bone, limb, legbone, jumble, spit out, calf, shankbone, contend.
If one might have a true picture of that scene: the shin, wiry woman of forty- nine, her figure as straight as her deportment, gray- eyed, tender, and resolute, facing the fair- cheeked, auburn- haired youth of seventeen, his eyes as piercing and unwavering as her own.- "Mark Twain, A Biography, Vol. 1, Part 1, 1835-1866 The Personal And Literary Life Of Samuel Langhorne Clemens", Albert Bigelow Paine.
- "Homeburg Memories", George Helgesen Fitch.
- "Noble Redman", Jesse Franklin Bone.