Definition of shingle:
- A piece of wood sawed or rived thin and small, with one end thinner than the other, - used in covering buildings, especially roofs, the thick ends of one row overlapping the thin ends of the row below.
- A sign for an office or a shop; as, to hang out one's shingle.
- Round, water- worn, and loose gravel and pebbles, or a collection of roundish stones, such as are common on the seashore and elsewhere.
- To cover with shingles; as, to shingle a roof.
- To cut, as hair, so that the ends are evenly exposed all over the head, as shingles on a roof.
- To subject to the process of shindling, as a mass of iron from the pudding furnace.
wag, waggle, handclasp, handshaking, tremble, handshake, trill, shiver, milk shake, decrease, milkshake, trim, shake, cut.