Definition of shining:
- Emission or reflection of light.
- Emitting light, esp. in a continuous manner; radiant; as, shining lamps; also, bright by the reflection of light; as, shining armor.
- Having the surface smooth and polished; - said of leaves, the surfaces of shells, etc.
- of Shine
- Splendid; illustrious; brilliant; distinguished; conspicious; as, a shining example of charity.
polished, light, flicker, remarkable, twinkling, undimmed, shine, glare, glimmer, sheeny, smart, glistening, luster, glazed, glossy, sunshiny, gleam, shiny, superior, bright, promising, glassy, flash, polishing, glitter, glistering, illumination, lustrous, showy, flare, sparkle, burnished, clear, glorious, eminent, scintillation, shimmer, sheen, blaze, incandescence, calendered, glow, twinkle, sunny, flame, hopeful.
bright (part of speech: adjective)
- well lit,
- lighting (part of speech: verb)
- brightening (part of speech: verb)
- "Together", Robert Herrick (1868-1938).
- "Anne Of The Island", Lucy Maud Montgomery.
- "Nature's Serial Story", E. P. Roe.