Definition of ship :
1. A dish or utensil ( originally fashioned like the hull of a ship) used to hold incense.
2. Any large seagoing vessel.
3. By extension, in commercial usage, to commit to any conveyance for transportation to a distance; as, to ship freight by railroad.
4. Hence, to send away; to get rid of.
5. Pay; reward.
6. Specifically, a vessel furnished with a bowsprit and three masts ( a mainmast, a foremast, and a mizzenmast), each of which is composed of a lower mast, a topmast, and a topgallant mast, and square- rigged on all masts. See Illustation in Appendix.
7. To embark on a ship.
8. To engage or secure for service on board of a ship; as, to ship seamen.
9. To engage to serve on board of a vessel; as, to ship on a man- of- war.
10. To put in its place; as, to ship the tiller or rudder.
11. To put on board of a ship, or vessel of any kind, for transportation; to send by water.
12. To receive on board ship; as, to ship a sea.
post, send out, air, station, mail, route, enter, enchant, channel, enthrall, ravish, enthral, institutionalise, institutionalize, dispatch, address, get off, commit, send, embark, enrapture, beam, move, broadcast, channelize, channelise, consign, place, venture, direct, delight, send off, charge, transmit
boat (part of speech: verb)
ferry, freighter, brig, dugout, bateau, cruiser, hydrofoil, hulk, aircraft carrier, steamboat, liner, whaling vessel, motorboat, barkentine, landing barge, paddle boat, state barge, frigate, junk, submarine, tugboat, supertanker, three-master, cutter, houseboat, steamer, hoy, fishing smack, dinghy, patamar, trimaran, cabin cruiser, billyboy, cutter-yacht, icebreaker, windjammer, sampan, caique, battleship, bark, bilander, clipper, longboat, sloop, lightship, fishing boat, ketch, caravel, cruise ship, four-master, brigantine, boat, trawler, merchantman, skiff, lorcha, ocean greyhound, packet, gondola, bugeye, container ship, oil tanker, sailboat, pontoon, cargo boat, yawl, casco, schooner, scow, galleon, xebec, rowboat, felucca, row, dragger, lifeboat, watercraft, galley, steamship, sail, lugger, baghla, scull, vessel, tug, dory, pilot boat, kayak, speedboat, corvette, barge, square-rigged vessel, destroyer, tanker, sailing ship, dhow, craft, gunboat, ocean liner, canoe, cargo ship, catamaran, raft, pindjajap, galiot, yacht
vehicle (part of speech: noun)
convertible, cab, brougham, station wagon, bus, hearse, bicycle, fire engine, motorcycle, sedan, motorcar, taxi, conveyance, vehicle, coupe, jalopy, automobile, auto, car, sledge, stagecoach, cart, roadster, van, jeep, wagon, taxicab, tractor, train, buggy, landau, truck, sled, limousine, armored car, boxcar, coach, ambulance
ship (part of speech: verb)