Definition of shop:
- A building in which mechanics or artisans work; as, a shoe shop; a car shop.
- A building or an apartment in which goods, wares, drugs, etc., are sold by retail.
- A person's occupation, business, profession, or the like, as a subject of attention, interest, conversation, etc.; - generally in deprecation.
- A place where any industry is carried on; as, a chemist's shop;
- any of the various places of business which are commonly called offices, as of a lawyer, doctor, broker, etc.
- Any place of resort, as one's house, a restaurant, etc.
- imp. of Shape. Shaped.
- To visit shops for the purpose of purchasing goods.
mark, fund, disclose, patronage, crop, crap, shit, pasture, patronise, buy at, expose, fink, entrepot, defecate, spy, surf, storage, brand, cheat, store, memory, blackleg, stigmatize, ca-ca, snoop, grass, stock, keep going, deceive, cuckold, rat, cheat on, patronize, frequent, stigmatise, shop class, make, let on, graze, stag, divulge, fail, peach, reveal, unwrap, thieve, take a crap, stool, hook, tell on, knock off, outlet, transactions, denounce, lead astray, support, cop, snitch, break, scab, browse, computer memory, discover, haunt, condescend, sponsor, boutique, grass over, wander, memory board, bring out, range, shop at, workshop, glom, betray, give away, sell, take a shit, bewray, sleuth, let out, computer storage, storehouse.
- market (part of speech: noun)
- workshop (part of speech: noun)
- store (part of speech: verb)
- "The Rectory Children", Mrs Molesworth.
- "The Master Mystery", Arthur B. Reeve and John W. Grey.
- "Royal Highness", Thomas Mann.