Definition of shoveler:
- A river duck ( Spatula clypeata), native of Europe and America. It has a large bill, broadest towards the tip. The male is handsomely variegated with green, blue, brown, black, and white on the body; the head and neck are dark green. Called also broadbill, spoonbill, shovelbill, and maiden duck. The Australian shoveler, or shovel- nosed duck ( S. rhynchotis), is a similar species.
- One who, or that which, shovels.
- "The Magic Skin", Honore de Balzac.
- "Expedition into Central Australia", Charles Sturt.
- "The Principles of Scientific Management", Frederick Winslow Taylor.