Definition of shrewd:
- Able or clever in practical affairs; sharp in business; astute; sharp- witted; sagacious; keen; as, a shrewd observer; a shrewd design; a shrewd reply.
- Artful; wily; cunning; arch.
- Inclining to shrew; disposing to curse or scold; hence, vicious; malicious; evil; wicked; mischievous; vexatious; rough; unfair; shrewish.
- Of or pertaining to mathematical calculations; performing or able to perform mathematical calculations.
penetrating, sharp-worded, precipitous, perceptive, knifelike, crisp, subtile, discriminating, discerning, calculative, penetrative, needlelike, clear-sighted, ability, conniving, hard, perspicacious, tart, abrupt, piercing, acuate, careful, cagey, savvy, astute, sagacious, calculating, incisive, sharp, scheming, collusive, keen, shrill, smart, acute.
- cunning (part of speech: noun)
- knowing (part of speech: adjective)
witty (part of speech: adjective)
- intuitive (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Spinners", Eden Phillpotts.
- "Cap'n Warren's Wards", Joseph C. Lincoln.
- "Quiet Talks on the Crowned Christ of Revelation", S. D. Gordon.