Definition of shutter:
- A mechanical device of various forms, attached to a camera for opening and closing to expose the plate.
- A movable cover or screen for a window, designed to shut out the light, to obstruct the view, or to be of some strength as a defense; a blind.
- A removable cover, or a gate, for closing an aperture of any kind, as for closing the passageway for molten iron from a ladle.
- One who shuts or closes.
- "The Story of the Heavens", Robert Stawell Ball.
- "Cyrano de Bergerac", Edmond Rostand.
- "The School by the Sea", Angela Brazil.