Definition of sicken:
- To be filled to disgust; to be disgusted or nauseated; to be filled with abhorrence or aversion; to be surfeited or satiated.
- To become disgusting or tedious.
- To become sick; to fall into disease.
- To become weak; to decay; to languish.
- To impair; to weaken.
- To make qualmish; to nauseate; to disgust; as, to sicken the stomach.
- To make sick; to disease.
acquire, develop, disgust, like, revolt, repel, gross out, catch, come down, boil down, nauseate, come down with, contract, break out, fall, get, precipitate, churn up, languish, reduce, incur, turn one's stomach, go down, descend, take.
In all about her, to an enlightened vision, was the unconscious repression of beauty- art- stirring lines of mental and spiritual awakening; that look of deep inner freshness and health, the mere sight of which disgusts a man with all he has done to soil and sicken his body.- "She Buildeth Her House", Will Comfort.
- "Journeys Through Bookland V2", Charles H. Sylvester.
- "The Poetical Works of Thomas Hood", Thomas Hood.