Definition of significancy :
1. Importance; moment; weight; consequence.
2. That which is signified; meaning; import; as, the significance of a nod, of a motion of the hand, or of a word or expression.
3. The quality or state of being significant.
significance, concern, weightiness, purport, message, meaning, import, intent, sense, consequence, concernment, weight, value, moment, idea, connotation, signification, point, importance, important, acceptation, denotation
- The significancy of the word Bible is seen, when the position in which the laws are intended to be regarded is considered. - "A Collection of College Words and Customs", Benjamin Homer Hall.
- 22. We trust he will add by his example no significancy to that pithy word, " Sophomoric." - "A Collection of College Words and Customs", Benjamin Homer Hall.
- But this circumstance is deprived of all its significancy, if the fact be kept in view- which, indeed, is most evident- that the book is, from beginning to end, of a purely poetical character. - "Christology of the Old Testament: And a Commentary on the Messianic Predictions, v. 1", Ernst Wilhelm Hengstenberg.