Definition of significant:
- Deserving to be considered; important; momentous; as, a significant event.
- Fitted or designed to signify or make known somethingl having a meaning; standing as a sign or token; expressive or suggestive; as, a significant word or sound; a significant look.
- That which has significance; a sign; a token; a symbol.
big, noteworthy, earthshaking, eloquent, epoch-making, pregnant, large, probative, world-shaking, operative, fundamental, historic, momentous, expressive, square, show, portentous, head, key, meaning, meaningful, remarkable, satisfying, evidential, considerable, consequential, monumental, hearty, authoritative, crucial, evidentiary, of import, world-shattering, profound, substantial, important, suggestive, epochal, strong, prodigious, express.
- meaningful (part of speech: adjective)
- substantial (part of speech: adjective)
- "A Venetian June", Anna Fuller.
- "The Harbor", Ernest Poole.
- "The Marrow of Tradition", Charles W. Chesnutt.