Definition of signification :
1. That which is signified or made known; that meaning which a sign, character, or token is intended to convey; as, the signification of words.
2. The act of signifying; a making known by signs or other means.
importee, intent, denotation, index, moment, implication, significancy, significance, indication, badge, manifestation, import, connotation, value, substance, message, stamp, evidence, sign, acceptation, note, consequence, indicator, show, token, meaning, witness, importation, mark, symptom, purport, sense
- " Glenmorris Castle," Such was the first public signification of my intentions; it was drawn up by Mr. Sharpon, our lawyer, and considered by our friends as a masterpiece: for, as my mother sagely observed, it did not commit me in a single instance- espoused no principle, and yet professed what all parties would allow was the best. - "Pelham, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton Last Updated: March 16, 2009.
- For that was not serious with the intense present signification the name Aminta had. - "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.
- Paul seized his hat, but lingered; and the dame, guessing at the signification of the pause, drew forth and placed in the boy's hand the sum of five halfpence and one farthing. - "Paul Clifford, Volume 1.", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.