Definition of silent:
- Free from sound or noise; absolutely still; perfectly quiet.
- Having no effect; not operating; inefficient.
- Keeping at rest; inactive; calm; undisturbed; as, the wind is silent.
- Not pronounced; having no sound; quiescent; as, e is silent in fable.
- Not speaking; indisposed to talk; speechless; mute; taciturn; not loquacious; not talkative.
- That which is silent; a time of silence.
unplumbed, tranquil, dull, unvoiced, incommunicative, stilly, reticent, unuttered, unfathomed, inaudible, uncommunicative, unexpressed, placid, dumb, close, slow, words, dim, unspoken, implied, reserved, unsaid, soundless, hush, motionless, still, inexplicit, tightlipped, uncommunicable, static, calm, unruffled, understood, unarticulate, dense, quiet, inarticulate, tacit, incommunicable, close-mouthed, unsounded, inactive, restraint, smooth, tongueless, noneffervescent, obtuse, unhearable, mute, mum, undeclared, profound, implicit, wordless.