Definition of silly:
- Happy; fortunate; blessed.
- Harmless; innocent; inoffensive.
- Proceeding from want of understanding or common judgment; characterized by weakness or folly; unwise; absurd; stupid; as, silly conduct; a silly question.
- Rustic; plain; simple; humble.
- Weak in intellect; destitute of ordinary strength of mind; foolish; witless; simple; as, a silly woman.
- Weak; helpless; frail.
misfortunate, goofy, a play on words, buffoonish, bonkers, punch line, witless, zonked-out, unreasonable, woozy, punch-drunk, irritating, hapless, imbecilic, shell-shocked, mad, infuriating, clownlike, light-headed, foolish, harum-scarum, derisory, wacky, half-witted, confused, slow-witted, cross, light, spaced-out, jerky, cracked, yeasty, fruity, cockeyed, vertiginous, risible, frothy, airheaded, annoying, frivolous, dotty, daffy, stupefied, insane, bewildered, exasperating, wordplay, nutty, happy-go-lucky, scatterbrained, light-minded, choo-choo, birdie, carefree, mixed-up, bunny, bats, whacky, ridiculous, slow, zany, pun, gaga, fatuous, big, batty, pathetic, around the bend, brainless, faint, obscene, freewheeling, featherheaded, dopey, boo-boo, cold, unbearable, joke, wisecrack, slaphappy, dippy, ability, lighthearted, thick, cockamamy, bushed, loco, daft, barmy, over-the-top, stunned, futile, loony, bemused, buffoonish, cuckoo, pitiful, cockamamie, balmy, simple-minded, pitiable, giddy, knowledge, insensate, planned, fool, dazed, devil-may-care, fogged, not in your right mind/not right in the head, frustrating, childish, kooky, poor, unearthly, weak-minded, half-baked, befuddled, punchy, raddled, softheaded, maddening, nuts, unwise, wretched, confounded, lunkheaded, unintelligent, befogged, clownish, kookie, innuendo, bubbleheaded, swooning, screwball, undignified, inept, bang, one-liner, bedeviled, muzzy, addle, crackpot, derisive, addlepated, zonked, crackers, distracted, witticism, bow-wow, loopy, vexing, miserable, lightheaded, moronic, round the bend, addled, flighty, pixilated, buggy, dizzy, empty-headed, lunatic, mindless, sappy, featherbrained, harebrained, spacey, birdbrained, haywire, piteous, tomfool.
absurd (part of speech: adjective)
- senseless (part of speech: adjective)
- unimportant (part of speech: adjective)
- ridiculous (part of speech: adjective)
- "Kincaid's Battery", George W. Cable.
- "The Clue of the Twisted Candle", Edgar Wallace.
- "The Redemption of David Corson", Charles Frederic Goss.